Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I'm a Member

I just signed up for a three-year membership to the NRA. My wife said I'm getting more redneck every day. The parish I live in ("county" for you non-Louisianians) is known, even among our neighbors for being a redneck territory (despite having one of the best education systems in the state...I realize that's not saying much). We're one of the most Republican parishes in the state (McCain got 85% of the vote in our parish during the last election). I say all that to say this: mine will not be the first car on the block adorned with an NRA sticker.

The more I learn about threats to our Second Amendment rights, the more concerned I get (as if I wasn't concerned enough already). Hopefully my new friends at the NRA can do some good in these questionable times.

No comments: